High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.R.KOMALAVALLI, 58 YEARS v. P.R.MANI, AGED 58, PONNANGERIL HOUSE - RFA No. 219 of 2007  RD-KL 8638 (25 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMRFA No. 219 of 2007()
1. P.R.KOMALAVALLI, 58 YEARS,
1. P.R.MANI, AGED 58, PONNANGERIL HOUSE,
2. ANIL, 34 YEARS, S/O.LATE P.R.UNNI.
3. MINI, AGED 32, D/O.LATE P.R.UNNI,
4. SEENA SAJEEV, AGED 30, D/O.LATE P.R.UNNI
5. DHANYA, 23 YEARS, D/O.LATE P.R.UNNI,
For Petitioner :SMT.SANDHYA RAJU
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice KURIAN JOSEPH The Hon'ble MR. Justice T.R.RAMACHANDRAN NAIR
O R D E R
KURIAN JOSEPH & T.R. RAMACHANDRAN NAIR, JJ.R.F.A. NO. 219 OF 2007
Dated this the 25th day of May, 2007.
J U D G M E N T
Kurian Joseph, J.This appeal is filed at the instance of the plaintiff in O.S. No. 50/2004 on the file of Sub Court, Kochi. The court below found that the disputed issue regarding partition was the subject matter of the earlier suit O.S. 327/1990 wherein the plaintiff was the party. That suit was filed by the elder sister of the plaintiff. The appellant herein did not claim her share. A relief which was not claimed in an earlier suit for partition, wherein she was a party, cannot be re-agitated in a separate suit for partition as rightly held by the court below.
2. Learned counsel for the appellant submits that the relief was not pursued in the earlier suit, since she could not exercise her free will. That is not a ground for a subsequent suit. Unless the judgment and decree in O.S. 327/1990 which she suffered is modified, varied or annulled in any process known to law, R.F.A. 219/2007 2 the appellant cannot put up a new fight in a separate original suit for partition. Thus, there is no merit in this appeal and it is accordingly dismissed. This appeal is dismissed. KURIAN JOSEPH
JUDGET.R. RAMACHANDRAN NAIR
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.