High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BULKKEES, D/O.KUNHIMUHAMMED HAJI v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Crl MC No. 1710 of 2007  RD-KL 8714 (28 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 1710 of 2007()
1. BULKKEES, D/O.KUNHIMUHAMMED HAJI,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.DEVIDAS.U.K
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JCrl.M.C.No. 1710 of 2007
Dated this the 28th day of May, 2007
ORDERPetitioner is the defacto complainant in a prosecution under Section 498 A I.P.C. Her husband is the sole accused, it is submitted. Proceedings against him were initiated on the basis of a private complaint filed by the petitioner against her husband and others. Final report was filed only against the husband of the petitioner. Cognizance has been taken. During the pendency of the prosecution, parties have allegedly settled their disputes. The petitioner has obtained a divorce from her husband. All payments legally due are arranged for. In these circumstances, the petitioner/divorced wife prays that the prosecution under Section 498 A I.P.C may be quashed.
2. Petitioner's husband has not been arrayed as a party. It is submitted that the husband is employed abroad and efforts to implead him would unnecessarily consume time. It is submitted that the petitioner/divorced wife having harmoniously settled her dispute with her husband, this prosecution may not be permitted to continue. The counsel relies on the decision in B.S.Joshy v. State of Haryana [A.I.R (2003) S.C 1386].
3. I am satisfied that the request can be accepted. Notwithstanding the fact that the petitioner's husband has not been Crl.M.C.No. 1710 of 2007 2 arrayed as a party, I am satisfied that the prayer for quashing of the proceedings made by the petitioner/divorced wife can be allowed.
4. This Crl.M.C is, in these circumstances, allowed. C.C.No.52 of 2006 pending before the Judicial Magistrate of the First Class - I, Perinthalmanna shall stand quashed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.