High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
R.SUNIL VAKKATH VADAKKATHIL v. INTELLINGENCE OFFICER - WA No. 1215 of 2007  RD-KL 8768 (28 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWA No. 1215 of 2007()
1. R.SUNIL VAKKATH VADAKKATHIL,
2. KAHAR, ZAKKIR MANZIL,
1. INTELLINGENCE OFFICER,
2. INSPECTING ASST. COMMISSIONER
For Petitioner :SRI.S.SOMAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble the Chief Justice MR.H.L.DATTU The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.T.SANKARAN
O R D E R
H.L. DATTU, C.J. & K.T. SANKARAN, J.W.A. No.1215 of 2007 Dated this, the 28th day of May, 2007.
H.L. DATTU, C.J. The appellants call in question the correctness or otherwise of the orders passed by the learned single Judge in W.P.(C)No.14746/07 dated 15.5.2007.
2. By the impugned order, the learned single Judge has rejected the writ petition and thereby refused to release the seized goods in favour of the appellants.
3. The matter was argued at length by the learned counsel for the appellants. On our suggestion, the learned counsel for the appellants submits that the appellants are prepared to deposit a sum of Rs.2,50,000/-, being the value of seized goods, with the respondents, subject to the final result in the proceedings that may be held by the respondents under Section 47(16) of the Kerala Value Added Tax Act.
4. In view of the submissions made by the learned counsel for the appellants, for the present, we need not have to go into the merits or demerits of the case of the appellants.
5. Accordingly, writ appeal is disposed of. The appellants are directed to comply with the following order : W.A.No.1215 of 2007 (1) The appellants shall deposit a sum of Rs.2,50,000/- with the first respondent, within a week's time from today. (2) If such deposit is made within the time granted by this court, the respondents shall release the goods seized from the vehicle bearing registration No.KL-04/C-5011 within two days thereafter. (3) Liberty is reserved to the respondents to complete the proceedings under Sections 47(16) and 69(1) of the Kerala Value Added Tax Act, as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within a month's time from the date of this court's order, after affording an opportunity of hearing to the appellants or to the person in charge of the vehicle. All other contentions are left open. Ordered accordingly. Sd/- H.L. DATTU, CHIEF JUSTICE. Sd/- K.T. SANKARAN,
JUDGE.sk/ //true copy// P.S. To Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.