High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SOMAN, S/O ADIMA, AGED 38 YEARS v. THE SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE, THRISSUR - WP(C) No. 10892 of 2007(V)  RD-KL 8789 (28 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 10892 of 2007(V)
1. SOMAN, S/O ADIMA, AGED 38 YEARS,
1. THE SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE, THRISSUR.
2. THE CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
3. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.RAMACHANDRAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.W.P.C.No.10892 of 2007
Dated this the 28th day of May 2007
The grievance of the petitioner is that no proper action has been taken on his complaint about the missing of his wife and two minor children regarding which Crime No.94/07 of Vadakkekkad police station has been received. The learned Public Prosecutor on instructions submits that the allegedly missing persons have appeared before the Judicial First Class Magistrate Court-I, Kunnamkulam. Their statements were recorded and they were allowed to continue to remain free. In these circumstances, there is no worthwhile grievance surviving for the petitioner. The final report has also been filed on 18/03/2007 before the learned Magistrate reporting that further action has been dropped, submits the learned Public Prosecutor.
2. I do not, in these circumstances, find any merit in the grievance raised by the petitioner. Of course, the petitioner submits that he has not been given notice of the refer report either by the police or the learned Magistrate. I have no reason W.P.C.No.10892/07 2 to assume that law will not take its own course and the Magistrate would not issue notice of the filing of the refer report to the petitioner. Now having come to know of the filing of the refer report, the petitioner can also go to the learned Magistrate and pursue his remedies without waiting for the service of the copy of the refer report on him. I am satisfied, in these circumstances, that no further directions need be issued in this writ petition.
3. In the result, this writ petition is dismissed but with the above observations.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr // True Copy// PA to Judge W.P.C.No.10892/07 3 W.P.C.No.10892/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.