High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KUTTAN @ KAVARA KUTTAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 3084 of 2007  RD-KL 8883 (29 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3084 of 2007()
1. KUTTAN @ KAVARA KUTTAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.M.C.JOHN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO.3084/2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.170/2007 of Peramangalam Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 452 and 307 IPC seeks his enlargement on bail. Petitioner was arrested on 23.4.2007.
2. The application was opposed on behalf of the prosecution.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner, the present stage of investigation of the case and the other circumstances of the case, if the petitioner is released on bail, he will definitely influence and intimidate the prosecution witnesses. There is also the likelihood of the petitioner making himself scarce and fleeing from justice. I am, therefore, not inclined to grant bail to the petitioner at this stage. This application is accordingly dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.