High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAFEEK C.F., S/O.AZEEZ v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 3089 of 2007  RD-KL 8920 (29 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3089 of 2007()
1. RAFEEK C.F., S/O.AZEEZ,
2. C.M.PURVESH, S/O.ABDUL SALAM,
3. AMEEN, S/O.AMEER, AGED 23 YEARS,
4. SADDIQ C.K., S/O.MOIDU,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.ABDUL JAWAD
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO.3089/2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos. 1 to 4 in Crime No.191/2007 of Payyannur Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 452, 324, 307, 342 and 323 IPC read with Section 149 IPC, seek their enlargement on bail. Petitioners were arrested on 7.5.2007.
2. The application was opposed on behalf of the prosecution.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioners, the present stage of investigation of the case and the other circumstances of the case, if the petitioners are released on bail, they will definitely influence and intimidate the prosecution witnesses. There is also the likelihood of the petitioners making themselves scarce and fleeing from justice. I am, therefore, not inclined to grant bail to the petitioners at this stage. This application is accordingly dismissed. V.RAMKUMAR
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.