High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHEEBA CYRIL, D/O.LAWRANCE JOSEPH v. MEJO STALIN, W/O.STALIN FRANKLIN - Crl MC No. 1511 of 2007  RD-KL 8936 (29 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 1511 of 2007()
1. SHEEBA CYRIL, D/O.LAWRANCE JOSEPH,
1. MEJO STALIN, W/O.STALIN FRANKLIN,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.G.SUDHEER
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JCrl.M.C.No.1511 of 2007
Dated this the 29th day of May, 2007
ORDERPetitioner is the accused in a prosecution under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act. He wanted the cheque, on the basis of which the prosecution is launched, to be sent to the expert for examination and opinion. The learned Magistrate allowed the said request and considering the possibility of protraction of proceedings directed that the cheque be sent to a private expert and not to the handwriting expert at the Forensic Science Laboratory. The petitioner claims to be aggrieved by that part of the direction only.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the petitioner apprehends that the respondent, allegedly a wealthy person and allegedly "belonging to the blade mafia" may attempt to influence the expert.
3. That reason is not substantiated nor is that reason by itself sufficient to persuade this Court to invoke the extraordinary jurisdiction under Section 482 Cr.P.C. The parties shall have the opportunity to examine the expert and in these circumstances I am satisfied that the impugned order does not warrant any interference. This Crl.M.C is, in these circumstances, dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.