High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ANILKUMAR T.G., AGED 39 v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 3165 of 2007  RD-KL 8981 (30 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3165 of 2007()
1. ANILKUMAR T.G., AGED 39,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.C.P.UDAYABHANU
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO.3165/2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 438 Cr.P.C., the petitioner who is the accused in C.R. No.16/2007 of Mallappilly Excise Range for an offence punishable under section 8(2) of the abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 20 litres of illicit arrack, seeks anticipatory Bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case involving such grave offence. It is too early to accept the petitioner's contention that he has been falsely implicated. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly if the petitioner surrenders before the Magistrate concerned within two weeks from today and files an application for regular bail, the same shall be considered and disposed of preferably on the same day on which it is filed, bearing in mind the decision in Sukumari v. State of Kerala (2001 (1) KLT 22). With the above observation this Application is disposed of. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.