High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAVEENDRAN, S/O. SANKARAN, AGED 56 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 3196 of 2007  RD-KL 9068 (30 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3196 of 2007()
1. RAVEENDRAN, S/O. SANKARAN, AGED 56 YEARS
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.B.S.SWATHY KUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO. 3196 of 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C., the petitioner who is the accused in C.R. No.65/2007 of Chengannur Excise Range for an offence punishable under Sec. 8(2) of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of nine liters of illicit arrack seeks his enlargement on bail. Petitioner was arrested on 30.4.2007.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the
duration of judicial custody of
the petitioner and the other
circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to
Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be
released on bail on his executing a bond for
(Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each
for the like amount to the satisfaction
of the J.F.C.M-II,
Chengannur and subject to the following conditions:
(a). Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.3196/2007
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.