High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
M/S.CHEMICAL TRADING COMPANY, G.225 v. M/S.GEETHANJALI INVESTMENTS AND KURIES - Crl Rev Pet No. 2155 of 2007  RD-KL 9242 (1 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl Rev Pet No. 2155 of 2007()
1. M/S.CHEMICAL TRADING COMPANY, G.225,
2. JOJO PAUL, MANAGING PARTNER,
1. M/S.GEETHANJALI INVESTMENTS AND KURIES
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.SURESH JOSE
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.R.UDAYABHANU
O R D E R
K.R. UDAYABHANU, J
CRL. R.P. NO. 2155 OF 2007
Dated this the 1st day of May 2007
O R D E RThe revision petitioners, the company and the Managing partner, stand convicted for the offence under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act. A1,company stands sentenced to pay a fine of Rs.5,000/- and A2, the Managing Partner is sentenced to undergo simple imprisonment for six months and to pay a compensation of Rs.1,25,000/- vide Section 357(3) Cr.P.C and in default to undergo simple imprisonment for one month.
2. The counsel for the revision petitioner has only sought for modification of sentence and for time to remit the amount of compensation. In the circumstances, the sentence imposed on A2 is modified to imprisonment till the rising of the court. The rest of the sentence is confirmed. The revision petitioner is granted six months time from today onwards to remit the amount. The 2nd revision petitioner shall appear before Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam on 01.12.2007 to receive sentence. The Crl.R.P is disposed of accordingly.
K.R. UDAYABHANU, JUDGE.rv
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.