High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.GANGADHARAN NAIR, AGED 57 YEARS v. THE KERALA STATE ROAD TRANSPORT - WP(C) No. 16917 of 2007(L)  RD-KL 9337 (4 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 16917 of 2007(L)
1. K.GANGADHARAN NAIR, AGED 57 YEARS,
2. K.N.SASI, AGED 57 YEARS,
3. P.V.NARAYANAN, AGED 56 YEARS,
4. K.BALAN, AGED 58 YEARS,
5. M.SHANKARAN, AGED 59 YEARS,
1. THE KERALA STATE ROAD TRANSPORT
2. THE ASSISTANT PERSONAL OFFICER
3. THE ASSISTANT DISTRICT TRANSPORT
For Petitioner :SRI.JAWAHAR JOSE
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.M.JOSEPH
O R D E R
K.M.JOSEPH, J.W.P.(C) No.16917 of 2007 L
Dated this the 4th day of June, 2007.
The petitioners have retired from service in the year 2005-06 from the respondent/Corporation. Their grievance is that they have not been paid their pensionary benefits except the Provident Fund Amount. They seek a direction to disburse the pensionary benefits and also interest on the belated payment of Provident Fund Amount, besides Staff Welfare Fund.
2. The payment of pensionary benefits is governed by an order of the Division Bench and the payment should be made strictly in accordance with the seniority. It is the case of the respondent/Corporation that payments have been made till 2003. The petitioners have retired in 2005 and 2006. The respondent/Corporation has to follow the seniority in the matter of payment of Death cum Retirement Gratuity and commuted value of pension. The petitioners have been given the provident fund amount, but apparently with some delay. They have not been paid the staff welfare amount. Accordingly, the writ petition is disposed of directing the first respondent to disburse to the petitioners the statutory interest on the provident fund amount from the due date, till the date of W.P.(C) No.16917 of 2007 payment, within ten weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. There will be a further direction to disburse the amount representing the staff welfare fund due to the petitioners also within 10 weeks from today. Sd/- (K.M.JOSEPH)
JUDGEsk/ //true copy// P.S. To Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.