High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
GOPALAKRISHNAN ACHARI, AGED 67 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 170 of 2007  RD-KL 938 (12 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 170 of 2007()
1. GOPALAKRISHNAN ACHARI, AGED 67 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.S.GIRISH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.170/2007
DATED: JANUARY 12, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the sole accused in C.R.No.111/2006 of Chatayamangalam Excise Range for an offence punishable under Sec.55(i) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 1.300 liters of IMFL seeks his enlargement on bail. He was arrested on 26.12.2006.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 15.1.2007 on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-II, Kottarakkara, and subject to the following conditions:- Bail A.No.170/2007 -:Page numbers:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the
between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.