High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KUTTIAMMA, W/O. VARKEY v. STATE OF KERALA, THROUGH - Bail Appl No. 7578 of 2006  RD-KL 961 (12 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7578 of 2006()
1. KUTTIAMMA, W/O. VARKEY,
1. STATE OF KERALA, THROUGH
For Petitioner :SRI.SOORAJ T.ELENJICKAL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 7578 OF 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE12th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RIn this petition filed under Sec.438 Cr.P.C. the petitioner, a lady, who is the 3rd accused in Crime NO.325/06 of Kanjar Police Station for an offence punishable under Sections 498A read with section 34 I.P.C. seeks anticipatory bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioner, who is a lady, and other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of her arrest in connection with the above case on her executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:-
1. The petitioner shall make herself available for interrogation as and when required by the Police. BA.7578/06 2
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall she attempt to tamper with the evidence of the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. The petitioner shall surrender before the concerned Magistrate within the above period of one month and seek regular bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to her shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
V. RAMKUMAR, JUDGE.dsn
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.