High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PREMANATHA, AGED 23 YEARS v. STATE - Bail Appl No. 7632 of 2006  RD-KL 990 (12 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7632 of 2006()
1. PREMANATHA, AGED 23 YEARS,
2. THE EXCISE RANGE INSPECTOR,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.P.HARISH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.7632 OF 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 12th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in C.R.No.28/06 of Badiadka Excise Range for an offence punishable under section 55(a) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 60 packets, each of 100 ml, of Karnataka arrack on 12.12.2006, seeks his enlargement on bail. He was arrested on the same day.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties (who can be the same sureties while the petitioner was released on interim bail for attending his brother's marriage) each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-I, Kasargod and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.7632/06 Page numbers
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.