High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PADMAKUMAR,AISWARYA HOUSE,KAYAMKULAM v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 3458 of 2007  RD-KL 9901 (8 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3458 of 2007()
1. PADMAKUMAR,AISWARYA HOUSE,KAYAMKULAM
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE
2. EXCISE INSPECTOR,EXCISE RANGE,
For Petitioner :SRI.GEORGE VARGHESE(PERUMPALLIKUTTIYIL)
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application No.3458 of 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the accused in C.R. No.64/2007 of Kayamkulam Excise Range for an offence punishable under Section 55(i) of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of 1.100 liters of IMFL, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offence, the
duration of judicial custody of
the petitioner and the other
circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to
but only from a future date. Accordingly, the
petitioner is directed to be released on bail
with effect from
19.6.2007, on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees
twenty thousand only) with two
solvent sureties each for the
like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M, Kayamkulam
to the following conditions:
(a). Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.