High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Havaldar v. Collector/D.M., Mau & Others - WRIT - C No. 39015 of 1999  RD-AH 5002 (27 October 2005)
Writ Petition No. 39839 of 1999
HON'BLE YATIDNRA SINGH, J.
HON'BLE R.K. RASTOGI, J.
1. This writ petition is against the recovery of electricity dues.
2. We have heard counsel for petitioner and standing counsel and Sri WH Khan for the respondents.
3. In the circumstances of the case, the petitioner may file a representation before respondent no. 4 within one month from today. In case any such representation is filed, it may be decided by respondent no. 4 by a speaking order, if possible, within three-months from the date of receipt of the representation. The petitioner will file certified copy of this order; other necessary documents and a duly stamped self-addressed envelope along with the representation. Respondent no. 4 after taking decision will communicate the same to the petitioner.
4. In case the petitioner deposits 1/3rd of the disputed amount before respondent no. 4 alongwith his representation then the recovery proceeding against the petitioner shall be kept in abeyance till the representation of the petitioner is decided. It is clarified that this order will not be effective if the representation is not filed within one month.
5. With these observations the writ petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.