High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Arun Kumar Rana Principal Shan Inter College v. State Of U.P. Thru' Secy. Secondary Education & Ors. - WRIT - C No. 9712 of 2005  RD-AH 6631 (30 November 2005)
Hon'ble Yatindra Singh,J
1. This is a writ petition against the notice dated 15.2.2000 requiring the petitioners to deposit stamp duty on the fishing contract.
2. We have heard the counsel for the petitioners and Standing counsel for the respondents.
3. The Counsel for the petitioners submits that the petitioners are registered cooperative societies and are not required to pay any stamp duty in view of the Government Orders dated July 18, 1979 and 15.9.1981.
4. The petitioners may, if so advised, file an objection against the above notice before the respondent no.2 and in case any objection is filed that may be decided in accordance with law.
5. With these observations the writ petition is dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.