High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Jai Prakash Pandey v. Distt. Oficer/Distt. Magistrate/Collector & Others - WRIT - C No. 48431 of 1999  RD-AH 7595 (15 December 2005)
WP NO. 48431 of 1999
HON'BLE YATINDRA SINGH, J
HON'BLE R.K. RASTOGI, J.
1. The petitioner was granted mining lease for three years from 8.11.1994 to 8.11.1997. The petitioner filed an application for renewal on 10.9.1997. Thereafter his lease was also renewed on 7.3.1998 for a period of two years w.e.f. 8.11.1997, but the petitioner did not deposit any royalty. As such recovery was issued against him for this renewed period. Hence the present writ petition.
2. We have heard counsel for the petitioner and standing counsel for the respondents.
3. Counsel for the petitioner submitted that no information was given to him about renewal of the lease and as such he did not work and the royalty for the mining lease can not be charged from him.
4. A counter affidavit has been filed in which it has been clearly stated that after renewal of the lease, the petitioner was informed vide the letter No. 297/DLRC-Khanan dated 27.4.1998 and thereafter the petitioner has worked throughout the renewal period in his lease hold area. No rejoinder affidavit has been filed by the petitioner. In view of this, there is no reason to accept the submission of the petitioner.
5. There is no merit in the writ petition and it is accordingly dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.