High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Smt. Ajra Bee v. State Of U.P. And Others - WRIT - C No. 30346 of 2006  RD-AH 10516 (26 May 2006)
Writ Petition No. 30346 of 2006
HON'BLE YATINDRA SINGH, J.
HON'BLE SHISHIR KUMAR, J.
1. The fair price shop licence of the petitioner was suspended on 31.10.2005 and an explanation was asked for. The petitioner could not submit her explanation as she was ill. Thereafter her licence of fair price shop was cancelled on 11.5.06, hence the present writ petition.
2. We have heard counsel for petitioner and standing counsel for the respondents.
3. The petitioner could not submit her explanation for he reason that she was ill. Now she is willing to give her explanation within a month. In view of this, we quash the order dated 11.5.2006. The petitioner may submit her explanation within a month before respondent no. 2, thereafter respondent no. 2 may pass fresh order after considering the explanation of the petitioner at an early date if possible within three months from the date of receipt of certified copy of this order. The petitioner alongwith certified copy of this order will also file her explanation, other necessary documents and a duly stamped self-addressed envelope. The concerned respondent after taking decision will communicate the same to the petitioner.
4. It is clarified that we have quashed the order dated 11.5.2006. However, we have not passed any order against the suspension order dated 31.10.2005. In view of this, licence of the petitioner will continue to be suspended till respondent no. 2 passes fresh order after considering the explanation of the petitioner.
5. With these directions the writ petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.