High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Nafees Ahmad v. State Of U.P. Thru' Principal Secretary (Civil Suppl.) & Ors - WRIT - C No. 32364 of 2006  RD-AH 10973 (5 July 2006)
WP No. 32364 of 2006
Hon'ble Yatindra Singh, J
Hon'ble Shishir Kumar, J
1. The fair price shop licence of the petitioner was suspended on 2.2.2006 and an explanation was asked for. Thereafter it has been cancelled on 27th April, 2006, hence the present writ petition.
2. We have heard counsel for petitioner and standing counsel for the respondents.
3. The order indicates that no explanation was submitted by the petitioner for the same. The petitioner has stated that no explanation could be submitted as suspension order was not served upon him. In view of this order dated 27th April 2006 is quashed. The petitioner may reply to the show cause notice dated 2.2.2006 within a month and thereafter Respondent no. 4 may pass fresh order after consider the explanation of the petitioner at an early date if possible within three months from the date of receipt of certified copy of this order. The petitioner alongwith certified copy of this order will also file necessary documents and a duly stamped self-addressed envelope. The concerned respondent after taking decision will communicate the same to the petitioner.
4. It is clarified that we have quashed the order dated 27.4.2006. However, we have not passed any order against the suspension order dated 2.2.2006. In view of this, licence of the petitioner will continue to be suspended till respondent no. 4 pass fresh order after considering the explanation of the petitioner.
5. With these directions the writ petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.