High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Dalsingar & Others v. State Of U.P. & Others - WRIT - C No. 13600 of 2002  RD-AH 13302 (10 August 2006)
WP No. 13600 of 2002
HON'BLE YATINDRA SINGH, J
HON'BLE RAN VIJAI SINGH, J.
1. The land of the petitioners were declared as surplus land under the Urban Ceiling Act. This Act has been repealed. According to the petitioners, they are still in actual possession over the land declared as surplus land and as such possession can not be taken from them.
2. We have heard counsel for the petitioners and standing counsel for the respondents.
3. It is not disputed that the Act has been repealed and no further proceeding can be taken if the petitioners are in actual possession of the excess land.
4. In the circumstances of the case, the petitioners may file a representation before respondent no. 1. In case any such representation is filed, it may be decided by respondent no. 1 by a speaking order, if possible, within one month from the date of receipt of the representation. The petitioners will file a certified copy of this order; other necessary documents and a duly stamped self-addressed envelope along with their representation. Respondent no. 1 after taking decision will communicate the same to the petitioner. Till the disposal of the petitioners' representation the parties shall maintain status quo.
4. With these directions the writ petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.