High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Smt. Manju @ Pravha Dawar & Others v. State Of U.P. & Another - APPLICATION U/s 482 No. 10598 of 2006  RD-AH 16403 (19 September 2006)
Criminal Misc. Application No. 10598 of 2006
Smt. Manju alias Prabha Dawar
And 8 others. .......... ........ Applicants-Accused.
1. State of U.P.
Sanjeev Kumar. ......Opp.parties- Complainant.
Hon'ble Barkat Ali Zaidi, J
1. Heard Sri Rajul Bhargawa, learned counsel for the applicants and the learned A.G.A. for the State in this application under Section 482 Cr.P.C.
2. The prayer of the applicants, in this application, is to quash the proceedings under Sections 498-A, 323,307 of Indian Penal Code and Section 3/ 4 of the Dowry Prohibition Act, which arises from Charge-sheet No. 115 of 2004, Police Station Khekhara District Baghpat in Criminal Case No. 1385 of 2005, pending in the Court of Civil Judge ( Sr. Div.)/ A.C.J.M. Baghpat.
3. Their contention is that the entire family has been planted in this case from the girl's side including sister Manju, who was married 22 years back, besides younger sister Alka and the husband, husband's three elder brothers, their wives and his parents. Even the witnesses who are named in the F.I.R. and are said to have seen the occurrence, have not supported the prosecution story in toto and the evidence collected by the investigating officer is not, prima-facie sufficient to frame the charge under Section 307 of Indian Penal Code.
4. All these questions, raised here, can very well be considered by the learned trial Magistrate at the time of hearing and framing of charge including the issue of jurisdiction and it will not be proper at this stage to this Court under Section 482 Cr.P.C. to examine and s scrutinize the evidence, and also to ascertain the issue of jurisdiction , ascertainment of which depends on the facts and evidence in the case.
5. The petition is disposed of accordingly.
Dt: 19th September, 2006
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.