High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Gajendra Kumar v. State Of U.P. And Others - PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION (PIL) No. 29383 of 2007  RD-AH 11339 (6 July 2007)
Chief Justice's Court
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
Civil Misc. Writ Petition No. (PIL) 29383 of 2007
1. Gajendra Kumar,
S/O Late Sri Netram (Freedom Fighter),
resident of Village Bahadurpur Hukmi,
Pargana and Tehsil Barkheda, Distt. Pilibhit.
1. State of U.P. through Secretary
Revenue, U.P. Government, Lucknow.
2. District Magistrate, District Pilibhit.
3. Sub Divisional Magistrate, Beesalpur, District Pilibhit.
4. Tehsildar, Tehsil Beesalpur, District Pilibhit.
5. Gaon Sabha, Gram Panchayat Bahadurpur Hukmi,
Block Barkheda, Pargana and Tehsil Beesalpur,
District Pilibhit through its Gram Pradhan.
6. Satyapal son of Sri Mewa Ram,
Resident of Village Bahadurpur Hukmi, Pargana and
Tehsil Barkheda, District Pilibhit.
Counsel for the Petitioner: Mr. R.P.S. Chauhan
Counsel for the respondents: Mr. M.C. Chaturvedi Standing Counsel
Mr. V.K. Singh, Standing Counsel
CORAM: Hon'ble H.L.Gokhale,CJ
Hon'ble R.K. Agrawal,J
Dated: July 6, 2007
ORAL JUDGEMENT (Per: H.L. Gokhale,CJ
1. Heard Mr. R.P.S. Chauhan, learned counsel in support of this petition. Mr. M.C. Chaturvedi, learned Standing Counsel appears for respondent nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4. Mr. V.K. Singh, learned Standing Counsel appears for respondent no. 5.
2. The petition makes grievance against the encroachment of a village pond by respondent no. 6 herein.
3. Reliance is placed on the judgement of the Apex Court in Hinch Lal Tiwari vs. Kamala Devi reported in 2001 (92) R.D. 689.
4. Mr. Chauhan, learned counsel for the petitioner points out that he has made a representation to the District Magistrate and only request is that the representation be decided at the earliest. Mr. Chaturvedi has no objection to the same.
5. The District Magistrate, Pilibhit will decide the representation about the encroachment on the village pond situated in village Bahadurpur Hukmi within six weeks from today, which shall be after giving an opportunity of hearing to respondent no. 6 as well as respondent no. 5.
6. Petition is disposed of.
RK/ (Chief Justice)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.