High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
D. MADHU v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7345 of 2006  RD-KL 3172 (12 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7345 of 2006()
1. D. MADHU,
1. STATE OF KERALA
For Petitioner :SRI.M.RAMACHANDRAN NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.7345/2006
DATED:DECEMBER 12, 2006
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos.1 and 2 in Crime No.439/2006 of Peroorkada Police Station, Thiruvananthapuram` for an offence punishable under Sec.498A I.P.C., seek anticipatory bail. The de facto complainant is one Sreekala.
2. After hearing the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor and perusing the complaint, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioners on bail for a period of one month in the event of their arrest in connection with the above case on each of them executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:-
1. The 1st petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer. BA. 7345/2006
3. Petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioners shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.