High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
N.P.BABU, S/O. PADMANABHAN v. KOOVAPPADY GRAMA PANCHAYAT, REP. BY - WP(C) No. 32681 of 2006(N)  RD-KL 3355 (13 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 32681 of 2006(N)
1. N.P.BABU, S/O. PADMANABHAN,
1. KOOVAPPADY GRAMA PANCHAYAT, REP. BY
2. THE VILLAGE OFFICER,
3. THE GEOLOGIST,
4. THE S.I. OF POLICE,
5. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR,
6. AVARACHAN, S/O. PAILY,
7. JOSHI, S/O. SCARIA PUTHENPURA,
8. THE DISTRICT ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER,
For Petitioner :SRI.BABU JOSEPH KURUVATHAZHA
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice PIUS C.KURIAKOSE
O R D E R
PIUS C. KURIAKOSE, J.W.P.(C) No. 32681 OF 2006
Dated this the 13th day of December, 2006
Sri.M.K. Chandramohan Das takes notice on behalf of the 8th respondent.
2. The grievance of the petitioner is that respondents 6 and 7 are conducting quarrying illegally. I do not propose to consider the genuineness of the grievance or the merits of the grounds raised. The Writ Petition will stand disposed of with the following directions: The 8th respondent will conduct an inspection of the premises which are the subject matter of this Writ Petition. The inspection shall be with notice to the petitioner and also respondents 1 to 7. On the basis of that inspection, a report, on the correctness of the allegations levelled by the petitioner, will be submitted by the 8th respondent before the Panchayat within three weeks of his visit. The Panchayat upon receiving such report will issue notice to the petitioner and respondents 6 & 7 again, hear all the three of them and take a decision. Decision as ordered above will be taken by the Panchayat at the earliest and at any rate within one month of receiving the report from the 8th respondent.
PIUS C. KURIAKOSE, JUDGEbtt WPC 2
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.