High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.VINOD BABU, NITHA WARRIAM ROAD v. THE SALES TAX OFFICER (WC) - WP(C) No. 33355 of 2006(U)  RD-KL 3508 (15 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 33355 of 2006(U)
1. C.VINOD BABU, NITHA WARRIAM ROAD,
1. THE SALES TAX OFFICER (WC),
2. THE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER (APPEALS),
For Petitioner :SMT.S.K.DEVI
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice P.R.RAMAN
O R D E R
P.R.RAMAN, J.``````````````````````````` W.P.(C) NO. 33355 OF 2006 ```````````````````````````
Dated this the 15th day of December, 2006
J U D G M E N T
Petitioner is an assessee under the KGST Act, as seen from Exhibit P3. He preferred an appeal Exhibit P4 along with an application for stay, Exhibit P5.
2. The grievance is that stay application though filed as early as on 3rd October 2006, the same is not considered and disposed of and in the meantime he apprehends coercive action to realise the amount as per the assessment order. He seeks appropriate direction to redress his grievance.
3. Heard the learned Government Pleader.
4. In the facts and circumstances, there will be a direction to the 2nd respondent to hear the petitioner and consider and dispose of Exhibit P5 expeditiously, at any rate within a period of two weeks from the date of production of a copy of this judgment. Coercive action, if any taken be kept in abeyance till then. Writ petition is disposed of as above.
P.R.RAMAN, JUDGERp WPC
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.