High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.T.SHIHAB, S/O. ABOOBACKER v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 7575 of 2006  RD-KL 4063 (21 December 2006)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7575 of 2006()
1. C.T.SHIHAB, S/O. ABOOBACKER,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.M.K.DAMODARAN (SR.)
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.7575 OF 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 21st DAY OF DECEMBER, 2006
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the 1st accused in Crime No.149/06 of Karuvarakundu Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 498A and 304B read with section 34 I.P.C., seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner with effect from 28.12.2006. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 28.12.2006 on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-I, Manjeri and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution. B.A.NO.7575/06 Page numbers
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.