High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
V.K.RADHAKRISHNAN,MANAPPAURATHU HOUSE v. THE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGIATE EDUCATION - WP(C) No. 8979 of 2007(R)  RD-KL 10688 (19 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 8979 of 2007(R)
1. V.K.RADHAKRISHNAN,MANAPPAURATHU HOUSE,
1. THE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGIATE EDUCATION,
2. THE ACCOUNTS OFFICER,DIRECTORATE OF
3. THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF COLLEGIATE
4. THE PRINCIPAL T.K.M.M COLLEGE,
For Petitioner :SRI.R.REJI
For Respondent :SRI.B.RENJITHKUMAR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice A.K.BASHEER
O R D E R
W.P.(C).No.8979 of 2007
Dated this the 19th day of June,2007
Petitioner is a retired Selection Grade Lecturer. His grievance is that a sum of Rs.8,520/- which was credited to his Provident Fund Account bearing No.1217, has not yet been released to him though more than five years have elapsed after his retirement. He prays for appropriate orders for disbursement of the said amount with interest. According to the petitioner, the total amount payable with interest would now come to Rs.12,850/-.
2. Learned Government Pleader after getting instructions, submits that the Principal of the institution had remitted the above sum of Rs.8,520/- to the Provident Fund Account of the petitioner only on July 25, 2002, three months after the retirement of the petitioner. In his communication dated June 1, 2007, it is informed by the Director that interest cannot be granted to the petitioner after submitting the closure application and therefore petitioner would not be eligible to get W.P.(C).No.8979/2007 interest. He further informed that the Dearness Allowance arrear will be released soon after receipt of the schedule counter signed by the Deputy Director of Collegiate Education, Kollam. Therefore, the writ petition is disposed of with a direction to respondents 1 to 3 to ensure that the sum of Rs.8,520/- lying to the credit of the petitioner in his Provident Fund account and arrears of Dearness Allowance if any payable to the petitioner shall be disbursed to him as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within one month from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. It shall be ensured by respondent No.3 that he counter signs the payment schedule and forwards the same to the competent authority forthwith.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.