High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.JAYAKUMAR, S/O.P.V.PAULOSE v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED - WP(C) No. 16665 of 2007(H)  RD-KL 11602 (29 June 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 16665 of 2007(H)
1. P.JAYAKUMAR, S/O.P.V.PAULOSE,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED
2. THE FOREST RANGE OFFICER,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.BALACHANDRAN (PN)
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
S. SIRI JAGAN, J.W.P.(C)NO. 16665 OF 2007
DATED THIS THE 29th DAY OF JUNE, 2007
The petitioner's vehicles have been proceeded against under the Kerala Forest Act for alleged violation of the Kerala Forest Act. More than a year has elapsed since the seizure. The petitioner submits that no final orders in the confiscation proceedings have yet been passed and even the Mahazars have not yet been given to the petitioner. The petitioner therefore, seeks interim custody of the vehicles pending finalisation of the confiscation proceedings.
2. The learned Government pleader submits that the petitioner has filed Ext.P6 petition before the 2nd respondent and the 2nd respondent can consider and pass orders thereon in accordance with law.
3. Having heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Government pleader, I direct the 2nd respondent to consider Ext.P6 and pass appropriate orders thereon in accordance with the provisions of the Kerala Forest Act after affording an opportunity of being heard to the petitioner as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, W.P.(c)No.16665/07 2 within one month from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. The writ petition is disposed of as above.
S. SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEAcd
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.