High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VELAPPAN, S/O. LATE KOOTTALA KRISHNAN v. STATE OF KERALA - WP(C) No. 11889 of 2004(M)  RD-KL 12793 (11 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 11889 of 2004(M)
1. VELAPPAN, S/O. LATE KOOTTALA KRISHNAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
2. PRINCIPAL SECRETARY,
3. DISTRICT COLLECTOR, THRISSUR.
4. TALUK LAND BOARD, THRISSUR.
5. SAINABANU, D/O. LATE MEETHUSAIN &
6. YASMINE, D/O. -DO- -DO- -DO-.
7. MUHAMMED KHALEEL, S/O. -DO- -DO- -DO-.
8. ABDUL ASSAM, S/O. -DO- -DO- -DO-.
For Petitioner :SRI.N.N.SUGUNAPALAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice KURIAN JOSEPH
O R D E R
KURIAN JOSEPH , J
W.P.(C) NO. 11889 OF 2004
Dated this the 11th day of July, 2007.
The writ petition is filed with the following prayers:
i. issue a writ of mandamus or any other appropriate writ, order or direction directing respondents 1 to 4 to identify the extent of land in excess of the ceiling area held by the predecessor in interest of respondents 5 to 8 and fix the ceiling area applicable to the family and declare the excess land held by the family. ii. issue a writ of mandamus or any other appropriate writ, order or direction directing the respondents 5 onwards not to take any action for evicting the petitioners from the properties held by them.
2. Since the petitioner has sought for a writ of mandamus, it is for the petitioner to approach the 4th respondent. In the event of petitioner approaching the 4th respondent, the matter will be considered by the said respondent/competent authority with notice to the petitioner and respondents 5 to 8 and any other affected parties expeditiously. The writ petition is disposed of accordingly.
KURIAN JOSEPH, JUDGE.rv
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.