High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
JOHN RAPHY, KANJIRATHINGAL HOUSE v. THE REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICER/TAXATION - WP(C) No. 22475 of 2007(A)  RD-KL 13775 (23 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 22475 of 2007(A)
1. JOHN RAPHY, KANJIRATHINGAL HOUSE,
1. THE REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICER/TAXATION
2. THE DEPUTY TRANSPORT COMMISSIONER,
3. THE DEPUTY TAHSILDAR, REVENUE RECOVERY,
For Petitioner :SRI.I.DINESH MENON
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
W.P.(C).No.22475 of 2007
Dated this the 23rd day of July 2007
The petitioner complains that while the petitioner's appeal against demand for Motor Vehicle Tax is pending, the respondents have initiated revenue recovery proceedings for recovery of disputed tax. Petitioner submits that such proceedings while appeal is pending, is unjustified. The learned Government Pleader submits that since the petitioner was not able to obtain a stay, there is nothing unjustified in the respondents initiating revenue recovery proceedings.
2. Having heard both sides, I feel that since the petitioner has already filed a stay petition along with the appeal, it is only appropriate that the second respondent disposes of Ext.P3 stay application expeditiously. Accordingly, the writ petition is disposed with following directions:- The second respondent shall consider and pass appropriate orders on Ext.P3 stay petition expeditiously. Till disposal of the stay petition, Ext.P4 shall not be proceeded with. The petitioner W.P.(C).No.22475/2007 2 shall produce a copy of the writ petition as well as the certified copy of this judgment before second and third respondents for compliance.
S.SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEdvs
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.