High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.K.MOHINI v. HINDUSTAN PETROLIUM CORPORATION LTD. - WP(C) No. 34281 of 2004(F)  RD-KL 15179 (8 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 34281 of 2004(F)
1. HINDUSTAN PETROLIUM CORPORATION LTD.,
2. INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LTD.,
3. BHARAT PETROLIUM CORPORATION LTD.,
4. IBP CO. LTD., REP. BY ITS SENIOR
5. RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LTD.,
6. ESSAR OIL LTD., REP. BY HEAD SOUTH
7. THE UNION OF INDIA, REP. BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.JOY GEORGE
For Respondent :SRI.N.N.SUGUNAPALAN, SC, BPC
The Hon'ble MR. Justice KURIAN JOSEPH
O R D E R
KURIAN JOSEPH, J.W.P. (C). NO. 34281 OF 2004
Dated this the 8th day of August, 2007.
J U D G M E N T
This writ petition is filed with the following prayers:
i) Issue a writ of mandamus or order or direction directing the 7th respondent to formulate a policy for the survival of existing retail outlets which were awarded under SC/ST quota due to the liberal policy of starting new outlets. ii) Issue a writ of mandamus or order or direction directing the respondents 1 to 6 not to award or notify new outlets in the locations in which SC/ST dealership is running to avoid competition of SC/ST dealers with the general category.
2. Since the petitioner has sought for a writ of mandamus, it is for the petitioner to first approach the competent authority. This writ petition is disposed of as above.
KURIAN JOSEPH, JUDGE.smp
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.