High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SOVANANDAN, AGED 42 YEARS v. STATE - Bail Appl No. 331 of 2007  RD-KL 1750 (22 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 331 of 2007()
1. SOVANANDAN, AGED 42 YEARS,
For Petitioner :SRI.SAKIR.K.H.
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.331/2007
DATED: JANUARY 22, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.34/2006 of Kozhikode Excise Range for an offence punishable under Sec.55(a)of the Abkari Act nd Rule 10 (1) of the Spirituous Preparation (Central) Rules, 1969 for allegedly having been found in possession of 430 litres of illegally prepared asavas and arishtams, seeks his enlargement on bail. He was arrested on 23.12.2006.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offence, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Kunnamangalam, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. Bail A.No.331/2007 -:2:- If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.