High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MADHU, AGED 26 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 496 of 2007  RD-KL 2245 (31 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 496 of 2007()
1. MADHU, AGED 26 YEARS,
2. SURESH KUMAR, AGED 26 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.K.FAISAL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.496 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 31ST DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused 1 and 2 in Crime No.8/07 of Mankara Police Station for offences punishable under sections 341, 324 and 308 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting, inter alia, that the de facto complainant was attacked with sword and stick on 7.1.2007 by way of retaliation to the death of first accused's father on the previous day in an incident in which an autorickshaw driven by the de facto complainant had capsized.
3. I am not inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners. At the same time, I am inclined to give the petitioners an opportunity to surrender before the Investigating Officer and then to have their regular bail application disposed of by the Magistrate. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 5.2.2007 and 7.2.2007 for the purpose of interrogation. The petitioners shall thereafter be produced before the Magistrate having jurisdiction on the same day. The Magistrate shall consider and dispose of the application, if any, filed by the petitioners for regular bail, preferably on the same date on which it is filed. This application is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.