High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
JAGADEESH K.K., AGED 30 YEARS v. S.H..O. VALAPATTANAM POLICE STATION - Bail Appl No. 709 of 2007  RD-KL 2790 (7 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 709 of 2007()
1. JAGADEESH K.K., AGED 30 YEARS,
1. S.H..O. VALAPATTANAM POLICE STATION,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.SANTHOSHKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.709 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 7th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 5th acused in Crime No..589/06 of Valapattanam Police Station for offences punishable under sections 498B and 489C IPC, seeks his enlargement on bail. He was arrested on 6.12.2006 with five counterfeit notes of 100 rupee denomination from his purse inside a Tata Sumo vehicle.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, he fairly conceded that final report has not been laid even after 60 days of detention of the petitioner. If so, the petitioner is entitled to bail as of right by virtue of the proviso to section 167(2) Cr.P.C. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs.20,000/- (Rupees Twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-II, Kannur and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Police, till the filing of the final report. B.A.NO.709/07 Page numbers
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.