High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MOHAMMED SHERIF, AGED 25 YEARS v. S.H.O. - Bail Appl No. 754 of 2007  RD-KL 3033 (9 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 754 of 2007()
1. MOHAMMED SHERIF, AGED 25 YEARS,
2. REMIZ, AGED 20 YEARS, S/O.ABDUL RAHIMAN,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.SANTHOSHKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 754 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 9th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused 1 and 2 in Crime No.25/07 of Vellarikundu Police Station for offences punishable under sections 452, 324, 354 and 506(i) read with section 34 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The occurrence took place on 27.1.2007 at about 1.30 PM when the accused persons are alleged to have criminally trespassed into the house of the de facto complainant and assaulted her after an altercation in order to enforce an agreement executed between the father of the first accused and the de facto complainant. During the course of the occurrence, the petitioners are alleged to have caught hold of the hand of the daughter of the de facto complainant allegedly to outrage her modesty.
4. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time, I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer for interrogation and then to have their application for regular bail ordered by the Magistrate. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to surrender before the BA.754/07 Page numbers Investigating Officer on any day between 13.2.2007 and 15.2.2007 for the purpose of interrogation. The petitioners shall thereafter be produced on the same day before the Magistrate concerned, who shall release the petitioners on bail on appropriate conditions. This application is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.