High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PADMANABHA, 35 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY INSPECTOR - Bail Appl No. 992 of 2007  RD-KL 3764 (20 February 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 992 of 2007()
1. PADMANABHA, 35 YEARS,
2. NARAYANA POOJARY, 50 YEARS,
3. SAROJINI, 40 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY INSPECTOR
For Petitioner :SRI.T.B.SHAJIMON
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 992 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 20th DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners seek anticipatory bail on the allegation that the Badiadka Police are at their heels in connection with Crime No.6/07 registered for offences punishable under sections 498A and 323 IPC at the instance of the first petitioner's wife Rathnavathi.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor on instructions submitted that the first accused who is the husband of the de facto complainant alone is an accused in the case and that petitioners 2 and 3 have since been deleted from the array of accused. If so, the apprehension of arrest and harassment entertained by petitioners 2 and 3 is unfounded. In the case of the first petitioner, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to him. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the 1st petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of their his in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. 1st Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.NO.992/07 Page numbers
2. 1st Petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. 1st Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. 1st Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. 1st Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the 1st petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.