High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
CHANDRAN.S. S/O.SOMAN v. THE EXCISE CIRCLE INSPECTOR - Bail Appl No. 1169 of 2007  RD-KL 4477 (1 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1169 of 2007()
1. CHANDRAN.S. S/O.SOMAN,
1. THE EXCISE CIRCLE INSPECTOR,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.M.K.HARIKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO. 1169 of 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is accused No.1 in C.R. No. 1/2007 of Adoor Excise Range for an offence punishable under Sec. 55 (g) of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of 600 litres of wash on 11-01- 2007 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M. Adoor, and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report. Bail A.No1169 of 2007 -:2:-
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.