High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
GEORGE XAVIER, S/O.XAVIER v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Crl MC No. 1122 of 2007  RD-KL 7219 (9 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 1122 of 2007()
1. GEORGE XAVIER, S/O.XAVIER,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. STATE REP. BY PUBLIC PROSECUTOR,
For Petitioner :SRI.T.G.RAJENDRAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.CRL.M.C.NO.1122 OF 2007
Dated this the 9th day of April, 2007
ORDERThe petitioner faces the allegations, inter alia, under Secs.420 and 465 of the IPC. He was granted anticipatory bail by this Court subject to conditions. He complied with the conditions and appeared before the learned Magistrate. The learned Magistrate directed his release subject to conditions. The petitioner has come to this Court with this Crl.M.C. to delete the said conditions.
2. It is certainly for the petitioner to move the learned Magistrate for alteration/modification of the conditions imposed by the learned Magistrate. The conditions imposed by the learned Magistrate may be identical with the conditions imposed by this Court in the anticipatory bail application. But, legally the said conditions are imposed by the learned Magistrate and it is for the petitioner to move the learned CRL.M.C.NO.1122 OF 2007 -: 2 :- Magistrate for modification of the said conditions. The mere fact that the conditions imposed are identical to the conditions imposed by this Court when the anticipatory bail was granted for a limited period of time is no reason for the petitioner to approach this Court directly with the prayer for modification of the conditions imposed by the learned Magistrate.
3. This Crl.M.C. is, in these circumstances, dismissed. The petitioner, needless to say, can seek modification of the conditions imposed by the learned Magistrate by filing appropriate application before the learned Magistrate. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.