High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAVEENDRAN @ KUTTAN, THELASSRI v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 2316 of 2007  RD-KL 7921 (17 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2316 of 2007()
1. RAVEENDRAN @ KUTTAN, THELASSRI
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. SUB INSPECTOR, SHORNUR POLICE STATION.
For Petitioner :SRI.K.ANAND
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.T.SANKARAN
O R D E R
K.T. SANKARAN, J.B.A. NO. 2316 OF 2007
Dated this the 17th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThis is an application for bail under Section 439 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
2. The petitioner is the accused in Crime No.103 of 2007, Shornur Police Station. The offences alleged against him are under Sections 307 and 498(A) of the Indian Penal Code.
3. The petitioner moved an application for bail before the Court of Sessions, Palakkad Division, but the same was dismissed by the order dated 29.3.2007.
4. Heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor. It is submitted by the learned counsel for the petitioner that the petitioner was arrested on 23.3.2007 and that he is undergoing detention from that date onwards. His B.A.NO. 2316 OF 2007 mother, who is accused No.2, was already released on bail. Considering the facts and circumstances of the case and also the fact that the petitioner is in custody from 23.3.2007 onwards, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. The petitioner shall be released on bail on condition that he executes a bond for Rs.40,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the Judicial Magistrate of the First Class, Ottapalam. (K.T.SANKARAN) Judge ahz/
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.