High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MATHEW P.VARGHESE, AGED 30 v. SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE, KOLLAM - WP(C) No. 13994 of 2007(N)  RD-KL 9039 (30 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 13994 of 2007(N)
1. MATHEW P.VARGHESE, AGED 30,
1. SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE, KOLLAM.
2. CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.W.P.(C) NO. 13994 OF 2007-N
Dated this the 30th day of May, 2007
The grievance of the petitioner is that no proper investigation is being conducted into Crime No.4/07 of the Eroor Police Station registered on his complaint. The petitioner had pointed out various acts of inadequacies in the investigation and has prayed that this Court may be pleased to direct constitution of the Special Investigation Team to investigate the crime.
2. Notice was given and the learned Public Prosecutor submits that the needful is being done now and proper investigation is being conducted by a team headed by the Circle Inspector of Police, Anchal. A statement has been filed as directed narrating the efforts taken in the investigation of the crime.
3. I have considered the submissions made at the Bar. I have perused the statement filed by the Investigating Officer. W.P.(C) NO. 13994 OF 2007-N -: 2 :- I am satisfied that at the moment it is not necessary to issue any further direction regarding the investigation of the crime. I accept the submission of the learned Public Prosecutor and the statement filed by the Investigating Officer to show that the needful shall be done and proper and efficient investigation shall be conducted.
4. This writ petition is, in these circumstances, dismissed. But I may hasten to observe that the liberty of the petitioner to move this Court again at a later stage, if the investigation does not proceed on the proper line, shall remain unfettered. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.