High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
Case Law Search
Bhagwan Das Alias Bhagwan Din v. State Of U.P.& Others - WRIT - C No. 45259 of 2002  RD-AH 14755 (30 August 2006)
WP No. 45259 of 2002
HON'BLE YATINDRA SINGH, J
HON'BLE RAN VIJAI SINGH, J.
1. The land of the petitioner was declared as surplus land under the Urban Ceiling Act. This Act has been repealed. According to the petitioner, he is still in actual possession over the land declared as surplus land and as such possession can not be taken from him.
2. We have heard counsel for the petitioner and standing counsel for the respondents. Counsel for the petitioner is permitted to implead respondent no.3.
3. It is not disputed that the Act has been repealed and no further proceeding can be taken if the petitioner is in actual possession of the excess land.
4. In the circumstances of the case, the petitioner may file a representation before respondent no. 4 within a month. In case any such representation is filed, it may be decided by respondent no. 4 by a speaking order, if possible, within three months from the date of receipt of the representation. The petitioner will file a certified copy of this order; other necessary documents and a duly stamped self-addressed envelope along with his representation. Respondent no. 4 after taking decision will communicate the same to the petitioner. Till the disposal of the petitioner's representation the parties shall maintain status quo.
4. With these directions the writ petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.